The Ernest Hemingway Foundation and Society provides a wonderful way to connect with others who love and promote the work of Ernest Hemingway. With nearly 700 members worldwide, we are one of the largest single-author organizations in existence. Membership in the organization provides you the following benefits:
- Printed copies of the award-winning Hemingway Review, a biannual scholarly journal specializing in articles on the life and work of Ernest Hemingway
- Access to the online issues of The Hemingway Review at Project Muse.
- Online access to the complete archive of all issues of The Hemingway Newsletter.
- Biennial international conferences
- Travel grants to graduate students attending the Society’s conferences
- Research fellowships to all scholars, regardless of rank, with preference given to graduate students, independent scholars, and recent recipients of doctorate degrees.
In addition, members may participate in the Society’s annual business meetings, as well as vote or run for office in Society elections.
The Society offers a yearly membership which runs from September 1st to August 31st, with two methods for joining: an online signup or a form to print and mail.
Membership dues for one year are $25 for all Students, $30 for US Retirees, and $40 for US Regular members. Foreign Retiree memberships are $40, and Foreign Regular memberships are $45.
Click here and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the signup process. This process includes secure payment by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners or JCB).
Click here to print a membership form and then send the completed form with a check or money order in US dollars made out to The Hemingway Society to:
1000 Holt Avenue, Box 2770
Winter Park, FL 32789 USA
If you have membership questions please contact Gail Sinclair at firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-691-1706, or by mail at the address above.