The Ernest Hemingway Foundation and Society provides a wonderful way to connect with others who love and promote the work of Ernest Hemingway. With nearly 700 members worldwide, we are one of the largest single-author organizations in existence. Membership in the organization provides you the following benefits:
- Printed copies of the award-winning Hemingway Review, a biannual scholarly journal specializing in articles on the life and work of Ernest Hemingway
- Access to the online issues of The Hemingway Review at Project Muse.
- A printed copy of the Hemingway Newsletter each year.
- Online access to the complete archive of all issues of The Hemingway Newsletter.
- A list of recent Hemingway-related publications on the Society’s website.
- Support of the prestigious PEN/Hemingway Award for the best first fiction by an author.
- Biennial international conferences at locations important in Hemingway’s world
- Participation in the Society’s annual business meetings
- Ability to vote and run for office in Society elections.
- Travel grants awarded to graduate students attending the Society’s conferences.*
- Research fellowships to all scholars, regardless of rank, with preference given to graduate students, independent scholars, and recent recipients of doctorate degrees.*
*Awarded on a competitive basis.
The Society offers a yearly membership which runs from September 1st to August 31st, with two methods for joining: an online signup or a form to print and mail.
Membership dues for one year are $25 for all Students, $30 for US Retirees, and $40 for US Regular members. Foreign Retiree memberships are $40, and Foreign Regular memberships are $45.
Click here and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the signup process. This process includes secure payment by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners or JCB).
Click here to print a membership form and then send the completed form with a check or money order in US dollars made out to The Hemingway Society to:
1000 Holt Avenue, Box 2770
Winter Park, FL 32789 USA
If you have membership questions please contact Gail Sinclair at email@example.com, 407-691-1706, or by mail at the address above.